Web wisdom this week comes from the sectors of radiology, ECG land and even a weird take on anaesthetics. As usual make sure to visit and support the original writers.
- Pre reduction radiation? - Academic life in EM takes on this myth. (successfully in our opinion)
- JHC ecg-of-week - John Larkin stirrin up some avR trouble with this strip
- Paralytics causing anaphylaxis? - I did a double take as well. Read on to find out what this is about
- Re-expansion oedema - the trauma pro educates about PTX re-expansion
- Always-look-for-the-second-fracture - can't emphasise this one enough
- Abdo distension - the folks at Emergucate show us a nice abdominal film.
This gives us an opportunity to remind our readers that abdominal pain in the elderly has a significantly high mortality in hospital. Have a look at this guide as it distills the important aspects of this common, yet under appreciated complaint.