Been away for a few weeks on a course. The web has been active though and here's more than a few good articles to ponder over.
- How-marriage-works-in-medicine - interesting read for those in and around wedlock and even more interesting for those not "locked"
- Ringer's ain't great...again. - not as much volume expansion as you once thought
- FOOSH again - excellent revision on a not so common wrist injury from Emergucate
- PTX aspiration - great video by NEJM on needle aspiration of pneumothorax of you have not seen one before.
- Don't ignore naughty parts! - the trauma pro talks about not ignoring stuff down below
- Macrolides and CCBs - do they interact and cause shock?
- LUL collapse - we agree that its probably the hardest collapse to see on CXR
- Microbiology pearls - truly one of the best write-ups we have seen recently. What every hospital doc should know about those pesky microbes and what really happens. We cannot recommend this link enough.