Webucation this month comes from the realms of trauma, cardiology. paeds and tests our "mythos" on cardiac arrest management! All credit to the original content providers.
- Pressing those veins
- Is Amiodarone dead?
- Ultrasound in paediatric trauma
- Egg white for sepsis?
- REACTing to REACT2
- The bamboo flute chest drain technique
The last link should make you wonder - are you really doing the right thing? LMAs that are inserted by ambulance personnel in the Singapore system are more than adequate.
So things to focus on include:
- High quality CPR
- Reducing the over-oxygenation
- Using ETCO2 and U/S to guide your resuscitation
- Engaging reperfusion strategies early
- Replacing the tube when pendulum of stability has swung your way.