Web wisdom this time comes from the realms of microbiology, paeds, radio and even some good ol' pharmacology. Remember to support the original content providers.
- 5 CC articles - The Rebel EM gives us his top establishment studies!
- The culture in cellulitis - ALiEM lyses a great myth regarding cultures in cellulitis.
- Ketamine analgesia - I know, I know... Another article on ketamine? Have you read our blog title?
- DKA myths - The EM Swami on modern DKA management and the mistakes that some Drs make.
- Routine pre-op - Test yourself. Can you spot it?
- Little commotio cordis - Heart stopping hits from Paeds EM Morsels.
- Log roll finger bum ? - More dogmalysis on a topic we've been trying to bury for a decade now. Is it really necessary to rectally relieve ALL or ANY of your patients???
The last point mirrors our opinion as well. I cannot recall doing a DRE on a conscious, neurologically intact patient for years... its time we all spread the myth-busting surrounding the anal abuse in EDs!