We took a break for some family vacations but are back with more web trails for you. Meducation continues with snippets from paeds, cardio, trauma and good old "robots replacing us" prophecies!
- When to image the aorta -The trauma pro suggests some reasonable mechanisms
- Using clot busting drugs to treat acute strokes? - Really good summary from my old bosses in WA.
- Delayed Dx of Kawasaki disease - Its not that rare and vigilance is key
- What-is-this-radiographic-sign-called? - Another quiz from the invaluable Radiopedia.org
- Thoracic x-ray - Emergucate gives us a nice case from thoracic trauma
- Replace us with computers - Forget the zombie apocalypse, Skynet is still a threat!
- Low yield cardiac stress testing ED patients - Its used in many places, but is this still a viable, cheap strategy?
- Stop shouting! - This last article is a great illustration that EDs, institutional practices and medical staff interaction are the same around the world. There's always comfort in the chaos if you keep the channels of communications open though.