Here's a list of ED goodness from all sides of the planet. These intercontinental gems include investigations which yield lots and some with no yield whatsoever! Read on...
- ECG of the week - the folks from Joondalup in Perth have a good one for your cardiographic needs
- Ankle trouble - Emergucate has a nice ankle xray for review
- Stroke Evolution on CT - Radiochannel's superb short vid on how images change with the pathology
- Showering and wound care - another Myth busted by the Trauma Pro
- Hypertensive crisis in kids - exactly like it says on the tin
- Adverse hypertension in pre-hosp laryngoscopy - remarkable findings showing that some interventions are causing more harm than previously thought
- Needless tests - Last but not least, the ER Mentor relates his frustration at pointless labwork. This waste of cost and effort is universal and we are in total agreement. we try to change things in our institution with "culture-changing" tactics like online guides and pre attachment education. The results will only show up in the long term but we beseech the younger readers to consider the cost, effort and even blood cells when they decide to randomly "vampire" the well looking patient!